WHY SHOULD CHILDREN DO KARATE?
Sport is unquestionably good for children for a great many reasons.
We believe that Karate is even better than most!
A lot of children are referred to us by Occupational Therapists as the benefits for children with behavioural problems, attention and learning difficulties etc have been proven time and time again.
• Self Discipline
• Self Esteem
• Self Awareness
• Stranger Awareness and personal safety
• Attention/concentration difficulties
• Gender equality
• Non-violent Conflict Resolution
• Listening skills
• Compliance with verbal instructions
• Good decision making
• Humility - there is always a bigger dog!
• Overly aggressive behaviour
• Overly passive behaviour (lack of self confidence)
• Social skills
• Mental focus
• Poor/low muscle tone
• Weight control
• Endurance and Stamina
• Fitness and Body Conditioning
• Healthy living
• Memory sequence skills
• Gross Motor Skills
• Eye-hand co-ordination